Needle Felted Spider
A needle felted spider is a fun diy Halloween craft that can be used as an addition to a costume, to decorate your classroom or house for Halloween or to freak out your friends!
The Magic Trout Imaginarium's Felted Spider diy Halloween craft project can created this project using common felting and crafting supplies! The best part is, after you are done, you can use your project to create a stop motion animation!
Supplies Needed for a Felted Spider
- 10-12g wool (4-6g for the body and 4-6g for the legs)
- felting block
- felting needle
- 2.5 pipecleaners
- needle and thread
- small beads for eyes
Needle Felted Spider Tutorial
Want more Halloween inspiration?
Check our our Top 10 Felting Projects for Halloween
Want to Learn to Felt or Improve your Felting Skills?
If you want to learn how to needle felt Magic Trout Imaginarium offers workshops and tutorials in beginner intermediate and advanced felting that can be hosted at team building events, conferences and educational professional development days.
Join our Online Felting Course
This course covers the following:
- Intro: Meet your Instructor
- Why Wool is awesome
- What are scales on wool?
- What is wool staple length?
- How to choose a felting needle
- How to needle felt a sphere shape
- How to needle felt flat 2D shapes
- How to needle felting long cylindrical shapes
- How to felt shapes based off a sphere: cones caps and more
- How to wet felt 2D and 3D shapes
- How to wet felt strands of wool
- Industry Questions: Why Isn't More Wool Produced in Canada?
- Classroom tips and tricks to save $$
- Needle Felted Sushi Roll Tutorial
- What is the Wooley Wonders program?