Felting Lesson Plans for your Classroom
Felting Lesson Plans to Inspire You and Your Students!
Magic Trout Trout Imaginarium offer free felting lesson plans with purchase of Classroom Felting Kits
Meet Teacher Isabel Trzcinski
Isabel teaches at Confederation Park School in Burnaby BC and loves felting!
Magic Trout Imaginarium collaborated with Isabel to create some K-7 felting lesson plans for teachers to use in the classroom!
Felting and Benefits to Students
- Motor Skills
- The movements involved in holding a felting needle, or agitating wool in wet felting are very important to the development fine motor skills. Have difficulty with fine motor skills? Try out our
- Art gives children a voice to their unique perspectives experiences and helps them deal with complex emotions. Art making in 3D provides sensory input that can aid self expression. Young children lack vocabulary to describe their emotions and having a form of artistic expression such as art making helps them self soothe, process and engage their imagination.
- Language Development
- Each medium of art making has its own unique vocabulary to describe tools, techniques and materials involved. This language helps develop their language abilities. Describing their creations helps with confidence and communication skills.
- Visual Learning
- Using wool in various ways helps develop visual-spatial awareness skills and depth perception. Art education helps students to interpret visual information.
- Cultural Awareness
- Different felting projects help students form a deeper understanding and appreciate their diverse global community, particularly as they try to relate to the concepts or worldview, which an artist is trying to communicate. Check out how our lesson plans on
- Boosting Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Art making presents children with a different kind of autonomy. During 3 dimensional art making, children are free to decide what they want to make and which materials they will use in the process. Art allows them to make decisions for themselves. By making their own independent choices for expressing, what they are feeling and thinking builds confidence in them and their abilities. They learn to feel more comfortable in expressing their feelings.
Samples of Felting Lesson Plans in Our Library
Learn about Biodiversity,
Pollination & Colony Collapse.
Science & ADST.
Healthy Lifestyles and the
Canada Food Guide.
ADST, Physical Education
and Health Education.
Learn to Wet
felt the seasons.
First People's Perspectives, ADST, Science, Art.
Green Eggs and Ham
English Language Arts, text features, literary devices.
Learn about the water cycle . ADST and Science.
Felted Easter Eggs
Learn about literary elements. ADST, Art, English Language Arts.
Soft Circuit Felted Badges
Learn about ecosystems, food chains and food webs. ADST Science, First Peoples Perspectives.
Storyboard Wet Felting
Story structure, oral language strategies. ADST, English Language Arts.
Learn about food chains, bird migrations. ADST, Art, and Science.
Creepy Creatures: Wool and Wood
What is a Classroom Felting Kit?
We've tried many felting tools, material and supplies and found the most affordable options for you. Over the years we've developed the simplest methods and techniques that help new felters get started making in the classroom.
Our Classroom Felting kits come in needle felting starter kits and wool only bulk packs.
Felting Lesson Plans for Your Classroom FREE with Purchase of a Classroom Kit!